The benefits of green smoothies are many and varied - they are easy to digest, they keep you hydrated, increase your energy, get your skin glowing and many more. They can include greens such as spinach, lettuce, kale or collard greens. Many people also love to add parsley, watercress or dandelion greens (or anything else you love!). Great companions to those are bananas, apples, pears, mango or avocado. What are the great benefits of drinking those smoothies on a regular basis?
- They offer pure nutrition. The amount of vitamins you get depends always on the fruits and vegetables you choose for your smoothie. Most of them though are high in Vitamins C and A, while avocados, for example, provide you with high amounts of potassium and magnesium.
- Green smoothies are a great way to eat your veggies easily. Although most of us love fruit, some have trouble getting their daily requirement of veggies. When you make a green smoothie, the taste of the greens is hidden by the taste of the fruit, so you don't even notice the veggies are there.
- Green smoothies will provide you with a lasting source of energy. Fruits are a great source of energy, but eaten alone will only provide short bursts of energy (they contains sugars which are quickly metabolised). Because of their high content of veggies, green smoothies have a balanced sugar content.
- Because they contain high amounts of water and fiber, they will make you feel as if you just ate a full meal. If you are trying to lose weight, green smoothies are perfect as they help fight hunger and cravings.
- They are easy to digest because they are already blended and liquified.
- Green smoothies will help you stay hydrated. Many people don't drink enough water simply because sometimes it feels 'boring' to drink just water. Make sure you add enough to your smoothie and you will be drinking more liquids without even noticing it.
Have you got your blender ready?!