Meditation is an ancient practice that offers great benefits to the practitioner. It doesn’t require any specific beliefs, any metaphysical or spiritual ideas or a special talent. All you need is yourself, your mind and few minutes in which you can be undisturbed.
Why do people meditate?
- For relaxation – meditation alters your mind state. You can actually slow down your brain wave pattern and move from the active beta state to the alpha state. This will relax both your body and your mind.
- For creative visualization – in the alpha mode you can talk with yourself and creatively visualize something you seek. It could be a happier state of mind, improved health or anything else you desire. You can then see yourself accomplishing your goal. Such affirmations are powerful programmers of the human mind.
- Contacting your higher self – in meditation it is just you. With your brain in the alpha state all thoughts, ideas and inputs are coming from deep within your mind, and you are conscious at the time.
- Allowing out flowing - most people that are truly happy realize that they have what they need within them, that it is essentially boundless, and that they derive satisfaction from sharing it. Meditation allows for focusing on what is within.
- Self healing – We all know many afflictions are self induced. We can think ourselves sick, or we can think ourselves well. Meditation is a direct link to your inner self. Affirmations of wellness during meditation are effective mind control and body control tools for health.
- Opening energy centers – meditation will aid you in finding the sources of energy you have within you.
- Grounding – Meditation will connect with the planet, and assure you are seeing things as they truly exist.