Crystals and stones have thousands (sometimes more) of years of the Earth’s history stored within them that you can tap into yourself. But just like with anything else, crystal routine that works for one person may not necessarily work the same way for another. What are the most common ways of working with crystals?
1. Hold a crystal during meditation. Meditation is one of the simplest ways to connect with crystals. Hold your crystal in one or both hands, close your eyes and focus on breathing. Feel your body sinking deep into the earth, creating a grounding effect. You may not feel anything right away, sometimes certain crystals may not resonate with you, so experiment, be patient and choose what suits you best.
2. Create a crystal grid. Crystal grids are used to transform the energy in a space. Choose the stones and crystals that align with your intention and set them up in a grid building a beautiful symmetrical pattern. Crystals work to manifest our intention and the sacred geometry helps accomplish it quicker.
3. Make a sacred space. Sacred spaces are now very important components of yoga and meditation practice spaces. Using crystals in displays adds a wonderful piece of earth energy and brings a peaceful and grounding experience. Crystals are also a great reminder to reconnect with your intention each time you visit a space. One of the most popular crystals for sacred spaces is Amethyst, because it emits positive energy and fosters a deeper state of meditation.
4. Carry a crystal with you. The more contact you have with your crystal, the more aware you will be of its energy. Carry it in your pocket or purse and take it out whenever you feel the need to bring your attention back to the intention you are working towards.
5. Place crystals on your body. Placing crystals on your body has a completely different effect than simply holding them. If you are working on a specific chakra, choose a stone that corresponds to it and place it on your body. It will stir the energy around that chakra and bring up the emotions you need to heal.
6. Use crystals during yoga. Keeping crystals on your yoga mat helps create a peaceful space for you to practice.
7. Bring positive energy to your home décor. Choose your favourite stones to dispel negative energy and emit positive vibes and decorate your personal space.
8. Use crystals as a spa treatment. Bring crystals into the bath with you or let them soak in the water you use to wash your face. The crystal energy will have a peaceful and restorative effect on you.