What is a Buddha bowl? A meal-sized bowl filled with simple pure food and enjoyed with deep gratitude. How can you create one? There are many options and recipes, and in the end it's up to you what you want to put in there, but here is what we propose:
- Find a unique, large sized bowl which you can become accustomed to as a symbol of nourishment and gratitude.
- Use plenty of raw organic greens to fill the majority of the bowl. Some ideas include kale, arugula, and watercress, all packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber.
- Add as many raw or steamed veggies as you like or have available. Mix textures and variations in taste - crunchy, sweet, butter, juicy...
- Don't forget about protein - chickpeas, black or kidney beans, grains such as quinoa or brown rice are perfect. Other delicious options could include walnuts, pumpkin seeds, or chia seeds.
- The final part can be as varied as a flower bouquet! Add your favourite olive oil and vinegar, or put some tamari (soy sauce) or Braggs and lemon juice, sprinkle sea salt, cayenne, add finely chopped garlic or some hot peppers, it's all up to you!
Discover what feels good to your body and what nourishes it. Remember to enjoy with gratitude!
Inspiration taken from Mind, Body and Green.